Tuesday 6 January 2015

So you want to write a story...

Well woopdy doo. (Hercules reference)




I know its late but here I am writing a short blog ... For all you fans *crickets*


So I've always had 2 ambitions in life. One from when I was a tiny person and one which came as I tried lots of different jobs and realised what I loved. I figured at this point I've still got my life ahead of me, yes I have a child and am married but whoever said life stops when you have a child was a liar. If anyone had actually said that in fact! I don't know.


Anyway, my first ambition, I couldn't even say properly as a child, is to be a writer... Of books. An Author if you please... I called it an Arthur when I was younger.
Not the best start I admit. But my main inspiration behind this ambition was my grandad, he was a librarian and his love for books made his house a library. I'm not even kidding there were books in every room ... Including the bathroom (riddles to help you poop) and I loved it.
My second inspiration is through my favourite books and in turn my favourite authors, J.K.Rowling, Derek Landy, Oscar Wilde, C.S.Lewis, Lewis Carrol (the list is endless! Even before I could read I would pretend, I loved the smell of the books and the sound they made as the pages turned or when you closed it. I still smell books now.
Not odd at all. But I tried to forget about that idea because I didn't have the confidence in what I wrote. But now... Watch out world I'm coming!


My second ambition which as stated I found out through working in lots of different areas. Is to open my own cafe.
I almost started a few years back but then lots of people did. So I thought instead of opening yet another cafe I would sot back and wait for the others to close first. Sounds harsh but it happens.
A sudden swell of people wanting to do a certain thing because ots trendy, but then you have lots of the same sort of vintage, chic, kitch looking cafes and no one wanting to go to them.
I love what a nice cup of tea or coffee can do for a person or a group. Whether its cold out/ warm out/ hectic day/ boring day etc etc etc having a nice seat and a lovely brew can just make the world melt away.


So yes those are my two ambitions. (I did have a third to become a librarian like my granddad but lets see how I do on the first 2 for now) you never know. You could see my book in a book shop one day or have a lovely drink in my cafe.


Or both.


Take it easy.


Ellie x

2 comments: