Friday 2 January 2015

Baby!!!

You may or may not have read my first blog! But those who have know I'm a mum, those who haven't..


I'm a mum!
I have a little boy called Jack. He's truly in my totally unbiased and noteworthy opinion the cheekiest little bundle of demonic evilness I have ever laid my eyes on. But I do love him! He's brilliant really, pretty good at being a baby so yeah!


It does open a whole new world of experiences being a mum. Like breastfeeding, getting poo on your face... Furniture... Guests, the amount of nappies you go through!, the crying (oh god the crying), teething, growing out of things every 3 months! (I thought I had weight issues!) and of course the people who know better then you about everything ...and you becoming one of them!


Don't be shy, we've all had it. Especially first time mummys, people will give you their opinions and those first few months of pregnancy you nod politely, say "I know" and they just get frustrated because of course you don't know! You're a first time mum how can you possibly know these things!!!


Truth is... We don't know. Like you said. First time mum, have never experienced any of it. Looking after nieces and nephews isn't the same! Of course it isn't. Buuuuuut... We say "I know" because "shhhhhhhhh!" We will find out and the last thing we need before we have our obvious perfectly perfect bundle is to hear how they will make our lives hell. We have been use to naps, doing what we want, having a bath for an hour... Just because we can! Smoking, drinking! Yeah too right. Staying up until... Whenever the hell we want to! Because we could.


Then we decided to have a baby! Smoking = Nope, Drinking = Nope, Naps = nap when they nap = Nope!, Staying up... Well yeah but not by choice! This time we're up because your obvious perfectly perfect bundle is hungry again or has filled their nappy again or just wants a nice snuggle with mummy again!


But through all the Nopes and Agains. We are learning. Yes its bloody difficult, yeah my boobs contain for fluid then a river (it feels like it) and yes the sleep deprivation made me anxious. I'll tell you a secret, its totally worth it.


Thank you captain obvious.


You're welcome!


It may seem obvious but when you're going through it, you can just hear those opinionated buggers in your brain singing "I told you so, I told you so!" Really badly... And its right next to the go compare guy singing all your doubts (is he getting enough milk, is that a rash, is he tongue tied, is that mole normal, is that poo normal, does he loves me, am I doing this right, why won't he stop crying, hes obviously broken, I'm obviously broken). Whilst the some other irritating berk is telling you that everything you do will kill your child.


Let me tell you now, it does get easier, it is of course worth it and as long as you follow certain guidelines, you will not kill your baby. I breastfeed Jack and at near 10 months I'm very lucky to get this far! But I hate women being berated for how they feed their child! Whether formula or breastfed, as long as they're fed and happy then you are doing it right!


I won't get in to this too much otherwise, it'll be a book!
I will just finish off with this. Its amazing. You grew that demonic child. You did it. You made a heart. A brain. Lungs!! EYEBALLS!!! You created life and that's amazing! And now you get to help that tiny slice of satan grow, to learn! I love Jack with the fiercest love, a scary love that nothing could ever break! So enjoy, enjoy feeding them, playing with them. They will reach milestones, at their own pace! They will teach you as well, patience, true love and how to change a nappy in under 30 seconds (though 25 seconds was my fastest). It does go fast!


Take it easy.


Ellie.

No comments:

Post a Comment